Thursday, December 6, 2018

doTERRA: Learning Moment

I get information bulletins from doTERRA weekly, so I thought I could start sharing those (I hope you like them, and please feel free to provide feedback).  They are fun little learning nuggets that you may find interesting.

Eucalyptus:  As we approach the winter months, the air can become filled with unwanted pathogens.  You can use Eucalyptus oil directly on the shower floor, and the steam from the water can create a natural diffuser leaving you more clear and invigorated.  Another fun thing to do to make your home smelling nice is diffuse 2 drops Eucalyptus with 2 drops Tangerine and 1 drop Lime (very relaxing and uplifting aroma).    

Cinnamon Bark:  (I love diffusing a drop or two of this mixed with Clove.  Cinnamon is potent, so a little goes a long way!)  Cinnamon Bark is well known for its use as a spice, but it also has many health promoting benefits. dōTERRA Cinnamon Bark, when taken internally, supports healthy metabolic function and helps maintain a healthy immune system, especially when seasonal threats are high. Putting 1 drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drinking slowly can soothe your irritated throat or add one drop to two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse before heading to bed.

Below are some wonderful and creative ways to include dōTERRA Cinnamon Bark in your favorite holiday dishes (I haven't tried them yet, but I would really like to try to puff pastry.  If anyone tries these, please let me know how they turn out!):


For more information, please feel free to visit me at www.mydoterra.com/easyoils 
I also like to share information (and promos on my "oil" Facebook page dedicated to health and wellness).  If you would like to see this information on your feed, please go to my Facebook page and "like" me.

7 comments:

AKKL said...

Is it true some types of oils should be avoided around pets? Or can they tolerate high quality oils?

RL said...

I love the eucalyptus oil, it was given to me and I’ve used it for baths which is awesome too! I gotta try the cinnamon bark one.. didn’t even think to put it in pastry, how awesome! The holiday season always makes me crave for the cinnamon smell.. or pumpkin spice.. maybe my subconscious knows cinnamon bark is good for your health, esp during flu season- hence the craving lol. Thanks for the tips!

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@AKKL: Thanks for bringing that up. You would definitely want to use caution around pets (a little goes a long way). I would like to look into this more. If you wanted to try a specific oil, I seem to be able to find information, but I would like to get a list (for example, you wouldn't want to feed your pet certain types of peppermint). I know people have used them on their pets with great results, but like I said I would like to find a link to research or something and post it back here. I did find the following safety and usage info:

https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/science-for-kids-safety-and-usage

@R L: I'm the same way with cinnamon. I have been diffusing it in the house and it smells like those fancy pine cones you buy (but healthy). :-)

AKKL said...

So would diffusing oils around pets be safer because it’s diluted with water? I usually diffuse lavender about an hour before bed, and turn off the diffuser if my cat enters the room- but I’m not sure if that’s the safest practice? I’ve also read that citrus oils are toxic to pets, but then also hear that Thieves cleaners from YL are “safe for the whole family.” Thanks for helping clarify!

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@AKKL: I did some followup on this. My upline told me that there is a vet that works with oils named Janet Roark. She is great with getting specific info. I want everyone and every being to be safe! Here is her site and is worth checking out: https://www.facebook.com/EODVM/

AKKL said...

Thanks Lynn, this link has great info https://essentialoilvet.com/safety/

Curious Kat said...

@AKKL citrus oils are highly toxic for cats, no matter the quality of the oil. Even diffusing them would be toxic. They are missing enzymes in their liver to process it. I avoid all oils around my cat, just as a safety precaution. Humans react differently to various oils so i would think the same with animals. I would rather be safe than sorry with my fur baby!