Tuesday, November 27, 2018

doTERRA: 5 Reasons I Like doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil

Lemon is one of my favorite oils, and I wanted to share why with all of you (the video goes into a lot more explanation if you have a few minutes to watch). 

1.  It's economical!  When I was new to doTERRA I started with a small kit that contained Lemon essential oil.   I believed in the product, but I am also someone that needs to start small so I don't get overwhelmed.  I took the Lemon oil and applied it to various areas of my life.  I LOVED it, and lucky for me it is one of the most economical because I go through it often.  ($10 wholesale/ $13.33 retail)

   
2. It is a great alternative to toxic cleaners.   It can be added to a spray water bottle to clean tables, counter tops and other surfaces.  I really like to use it on my cutting boards to keep them clean using natural ingredients.    

3.  I LOVE Lemon oil in my water.  It tastes great and has digestive benefits.  I also like that when lemon water metabolizes, it metabolizes as an alkaline.  Many of you hear me do readings on the importance of being more base versus acidic, and this is one method to do that.  If feeling like I'm getting sick, I am mindful to drink lots of Lemon oil in my water (I'm not a doctor, and use your own judgement, this is just my experience).  There is lots of documentation on this, and here is just one link: http://humansarefree.com/2017/08/alkalize-your-body-and-fight.html

4.  When diffused in the air it can uplift the mood.  It is a fresh, clean and light scent.  


5.  It removes food odors from your hands.  I love cooking for my family.  Many times I am chopping onions or mincing garlic.  This can leave your hands with food smells that you don't prefer.  If you take a drop of Lemon oil and rub it on your hands, voila the smell is gone.


If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

www.mydoterra.com/easyoil
Facebook Easy Oils

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

7 comments:

RL said...

I love this idea! And the price is so reasonable too, I can definitely do this.. I have been putting lemon slices in my filtered water ever since I read about turning water alkaline with it. I also put some slices in my spray bottle cleanser, along with acv, but it’s not as strong as I’d like. Having a concentrated lemon oil on hand must be so handy. This will save me a lot of trouble of slicing up all of these lemons too lol. Honestly I knew there was orange oil, but I kinda forgot to check and see if there’s lemon oil, so thank you for this info!

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@RL: One thing I wanted to mention (because I do this too) is make sure to use an actual glass cup versus plastic. It will stain plastic (because it is so pure). Happy Detoxing!

The enlightened one said...

I take it this is not the same kind of oil as ethereal citrus oil, because that one can be hazardous to ingest?

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@enlightened: Yes, that is correct. It is very different. This has been tested to ensure it is safe and pure. You only use one to two drops (you get about 200-250 servings per bottle).

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

Here is a product sheet that describes Lemon in more detail (and the extraction process is described at the bottom) https://www.doterra.com/US/en/brochures-magazines-doterra-living-spring-2015-essential-oil-spotlight-lemon

AKKL said...

There’s a newer oil company called Revive. Do you see that company as legit?

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@AKKL: I did look at it. I can't be sure unless I use one of them. I will say that their process is a little different than doTERRA (doTERRA cold presses some of their oils to extract them at full potency). I would also want to see their research before I would want to ingest any of them. I'm not saying they are "bad" I'm just not sure they are as high a quality.