Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Devil's Footprints




Q. Lynn, I am curious to know the story of the "Devil's Footprints" on Tancook Island in Nova Scotia. There seem to be shoe prints in solid granite and the stories surrounding the footprints are about an stranger that left town and disappeared after some mysterious deaths. The prints are supposed to lead to a "bottomless" brook where people have gone missing as well.

What can you tell us about the footprints and the brook? I am sure there is an interesting story behind the folklore.


Link to photos:

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/gallery.aspx?guid=8059dd5e-979e-452e-b25c-63013bdfcc0b

A. The first thing I get is this was done thousands of years ago.  It was during a time when the nearby land was lush and full of vegetation.  It looks as though the land was inhabited by prehistoric animals, as I see them roaming about.  I get images from the movie "Ice Age" and in my mind's eye the animals are in search of a watering hole.  This looks to be a symbolic representation of what this area must have looked like at the time these footprints were formed.


In the next image I see a meteor storm rain down on the earth.  It looks like flames coming in from the sky.  At first, the sight is very beautiful, and I see the animals pause for a moment and look up.  As these flashes of light stream downward.  That quickly changes as the tiny fire balls hit earth and catch the lush green fields on fire.  My mind then quickly flashes to a scene from "Bambi" when the forest is on fire and there is chaos and running.

In the process of this, I see the fires lasted a long time.  Some animals were trapped, and could not escape until parts burnt down and started to smolder out.  The fire super heated this area, and made the rock soft.  I realize this is said to be granite, but I get there is some other component to it too (like there is layers, or something mixed with it).  It doesn't feel like pure granite, and also looks like it was softened with the higher temperatures.

As the fire moved, it created a pathway to the water, and some of the animals that were trapped instinctively ran that direction.  I see several took this path, but only the heavier ones weighed enough to leave an imprint in the softened stone.  I specifically see an animal that looks like a cross between a zebra and a camel.???

I see that the water saved some, but other drowned as the chaos and running that direction looked like a stampede at times.  I get if they were to do a "dig" in this area they would be able to recover many varieties of fossils.

And that is all I have for this reading.  Thank you.  Love and light-  

Videos and Discussion available on: 
YouTube Yes, I'm back. 

To further support the blog or my video channel, please visit me on Patreon. (Thank you Patrons!)

3 comments:

The enlightened one said...

There is another, more temporary set of the "Devil's footprints", that I think you should do a reading on as well. They were made in snow, and only on two to three nights in February of 1855 in East and South Devon, England.

link to Wikipedia

The enlightened one said...

I found this quote from the linked wikipedia article above quite interesting:
(a report of similar events 15 years earlier in another part of England)

Among the high mountains of that elevated district where Glenorchy, Glenlyon and Glenochay are contiguous, there have been met with several times, during this and also the former winter, upon the snow, the tracks of an animal seemingly unknown at present in Scotland. The print of the foot in every respect is an exact resemblance of that of a foal of considerable size, with this small difference perhaps, that the sole seems a little longer or not so round; but, as no one has had the good fortune as yet to have obtained a glimpse of this creature, nothing more can be said of its shape or dimensions; only it has been remarked, from the depth to which the feet sunk in the snow, that it must be a beast of considerable size; it has been observed also, that its walk is not like that of the generality of quadrupeds, but that it is more like the bounding or limping of a hare when not scared or pursued. It is not in one locality only that its tracks have been met with, but through a range of at least twelve miles...

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

Wow. That is interesting! I need to think on that. Thank you for sharing!