Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November (Guy Fawkes Night Poem)

I was scrolling through my computer and I stumbled upon this poem.  I remember posting on it before, but with a new set of eyes and the upcoming eleck-shun coincidently falling on NOVEMBER 5th, it gave me chills.  

The original poem has a history of a plot, lots of gunpowder and a government takeover.   They didn't succeed, but is round two coming up?  With our current times and the crazy opposite world, I sense anything is possible.  Read the lyrics and see what you think.  

Pray for this country... Time is running out.

Blessings, 
Lynn 

The Fifth of November (Guy Fawkes Night Poem) Lyrics
Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the King and Parliament
All up alive.
Threescore barrels, laid below,
To prove old England's overthrow.
But, by God's providence, him they catch,
With a dark lantern, lighting a match!
A stick and a stake
For King James's sake!
If you won't give me one,
I'll take two,
The better for me,
And the worse for you.
A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope,
A penn'orth of cheese to choke him,
A pint of beer to wash it down,
And a jolly good fire to burn him.
Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring!
Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!
Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!

Looking for a way to tip the blog to support future free content? https://www.buymeacoffee.com/PsychicFocus  

Stay connected!!  Please join me on the Telegram Channel or Telegram Chat

Check out my book on Amazon: https://amzn.to/341G48y 

No comments: