Friday, December 4, 2020

Bi Polar Meds and How They Impact Emotion

 

Q.  Hi Lynn! I really enjoyed your book! I have a question that I've been longing to ask. At the age of 62 and after many years of searching for answers I did finally realize I am most likely an empath. I have fought major depression all my life, but after my last suicide attempt a little over a year ago, the meds I am on have saved me but also dulled me. I finally had a diagnoses of bipolar depression but the meds quill a lot of emotions that make us human. I'm not saying I'm a cold bitch by any sort but I don't feel as connected with people and their emotions. I guess that is supposed to be a good thing but I'm not so sure. Let me know what you think.  Love Ya, 

A.  I don't normally tackle personal questions on the blog for privacy reasons, but this was asked publicly, and I feel it is an import question that touches many people.  Mental imbalances or issues that cause anxiety, depression or in this case bipolar experiences can be debilitating.  If finding a root cause such as a trauma, need to change an aspect of life or a triggering event is not possible, people can find themselves on meds to bring some element of peace back to their lives (or even save their life).  The result can be a dulled sense of who you are, which many people don't like, but it can be hard to navigate what path to go on, or what the meds are actually doing.  I wanted to take a deeper look to help explain this from an intuitive perspective. 

I get when someone takes an antidepressant the body starts to make extra serotonin (or depending on the drug a different type of "happy" hormone).  The body starts to be overly flooded with this hormone, and when that happens it creates a desensitization.  When you see something that would have made you happy (a puppy for example), you may smile, but you don't get the squirt of happiness you maybe once did.  You start to level out, and everything becomes the same emotion.  Eventually, you need to increase the drug because you build a tolerance and it doesn't have the same effect.  That is why people (most times) have to either increase amounts, change drugs or use some type of booster to have the same effect. 

I get this is also why when you try to go off the drug you experience rage and wild ranges of emotion.  Your body has to begin producing serotonin naturally.  The amounts your body normally makes is much lower than the amount made on an antidepressant.  The drug itself may not be addictive, but you are going through a serotonin withdrawal which can feel brutal.  It can take weeks or months to level out depending on how you manage your emotions (for example incorporating exercise creates natural endorphins which can be helpful).

On a spiritual level I get most antidepressants cloud the pineal gland.  Not only can you develop a "so what" attitude, the pineal looks like it has a film on it making it more difficult to access.  People on antidepressants can still connect and have effective meditations and interactions with their higher self, it just takes effort and work.

And that is my intuitive take on antidepressants.  Please feel free to leave comments, questions and even experiences in the comment section. Love and light, Lynn 

To view free public posts, videos and discussion, please view any of the following platforms:
Parler - NEW!

Please check out my new book. Now Available: Psychic Focus Journey


18 comments:

Robert Schoen said...

Thanks for doing this reading Lynn. I have a close family relative who's been diagnosed as bipolar and has been on medication for several years now, so this helps give some insight into what they're going through. In my dealings with this person, while I see they are much improved from the most extreme imbalance they suffered at their worse, there still seems to be a lot of anger/suppressed anger in their deaongs with others & fear that if they are set off by someone they might revert back into an extreme episodic state. i'm wondering if this person tried to develop more spiritually if that would give them more emotional balance that the drugs.

Unknown said...

Yes, thank you Lynn for tackling this subject which is so relevant for so many of us, especially right now. I am retired from county mental health and am very familiar with this topic. For detailed information from the scientific community [which validates Lynn's reading perfectly, btw :-)], see any material by psychiatrist Peter R. Breggin, MD. He has videos, podcasts, and numerous books on the specifics of how psychiatric meds work and how they later fail. "Talking Back to Prozac", may be his most well known work. Never stop psychiatric drugs abruptly!

Weeze said...

I had a reading with Lynn wherein I had asked about the condition of my pineal gland - she said it didn't seem to be calcified (which I had feared, with life-long fluoridated water) since it feels soft, but has a "film" on the outside of it. Well, I hadn't mentioned that I'm on an antidepressant - one from which I've tried to withdrawal twice, unsuccessfully (actual debilitating physical effects as well as flight-or-fight 24/7). Here's a PSA -it's Effexor, and has been likened to heroin as far as trying to withdrawal from it. Would've been nice if I had been told it would help, but good luck trying to get off it; I of course, would never had agreed to take it. I've worried that being on an antidepressant could interfere with my spiritual development, as I've often felt frustrated in the advancement of my psychic sensitivity. I also didn't realize that my "depression" was my over-sensitivity to 3D life. She suggested emphasis on an alkaline versus acidic diet, and alkalizing by drinking a warm glass of water with squirts of lemon in the morning, to help remove the film. She thought it may have previously been calcified, and efforts to reverse it softened it up to this point. I've also since become a Level II Reiki Practitioner and work on it energetically. She, as well as other psychics, felt I should be practicing Reiki . . . I finally took the hint. ;O)

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

Thanks so much for the comments and sharing information. I appreciate you all taking the time to leave a comment. Hugs-

The enlightened one said...

@Lynn, can you have a look at the plastic boot that Biden has been seen wearing lately? It is rumored that he wears it to hide an ankle monitor.

Paulster said...

I think that the reason so many people need to take SSRI's these days is because of chronic infectious diseases. Your immune system has multiple components. One of these is cell mediated immunity. When your cells believe there is an infection they do several things including sequestering tryptophan. Sequestering means converting it to another molecule that your cells can convert back to tryptophan when it is needed. Tryptophan is an essential amino acid and when your body's cell make it less available, it slows the growth of viruses and bacteria.

Unfortunately sequestering tryptophan also makes it less available to your cells for other processes that need to occur. Tryptophan is needed to produce serotonin so when it has been sequestered for long periods, serotonin levels become depleted. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors help cover up this shortage by not allowing it to be taken up by cells but do nothing to solve the underlying problem.

Interestingly tryptophan is also required for the production of melatonin. This likely explains the reason why, like SSRI's, sleeping pills are so widely prescribed.

Raymond said...

Are there any drugs that can remove an existing barrier to the pineal gland and help someone meditate deeper? Anything that is legal and available over the counter?
Thanks for your blog Lynn.

Seeker said...

Hi Weeze, thank you - same story here with Effexor/ Venlafaxin - I work as scientist, last witdrawel experiment - here I opened up the tablet, used the analytical balance, removed a bit, and made an extremely slow plan for withdrawel. Many months from 75 mg to zero. I will recommend such a strategy. Became more sensitive indeed but this creeping feeling with fight/flight (pure hell really), as you described, came back. My company then had to lay of 1000 of people, I was one of them. Simply had to go back on 75 mg, which is working fine for me now 4-5 years later. I felt sad about it but I simply had to do something, I could not function in my familily without it. I have postponed any withdrawel experiment for later. There is certain price when we come to this planet, I have kind of accepted the situation. And I do not think God will give up on me :-).

335AT said...

@Lynn You have seen a lot of things over the years. In on reading you did, you talked about a UFO and heard laughing and that this object was "old technology". The cabal has a technological edge over the general population and I think this is part of how they maintain power; only releasing technology little by little when they have stuff hundreds of years advanced of what is known publicly to exist. I have an idea about his. I use the term "systemic knowledge". What if everyone knew the higher technology that the cabal and aliens have? What if we knew how it worked, how it's made etc.? Even if the cabal started wiping people out everywhere, they couldn't get everyone and everyone would have the knowledge. If you can see this technology and how it works, please let us all know. Then we can let other people know and so on. The cabal would no longer have the technological edge over us and the people would be an unstoppable uncontrollable force.

Weeze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Weeze said...

Hi Seeker. I'm actually on Venlafaxine, but it's better known as Effexor. I too am on 75 mg and had been slooooooowly decreasing by opening the capsules and counting the teeny-tiny spheres inside. I didn't even have a day where I had no dose, and yet was slammed. It took the better part of a year to feel halfway normal again, and like you, I went back on it simply because I couldn't function like that. I had to go to the shrink, who upped the dose during that time and added another drug to get me through it. Unfortunately, their attitude is usually, "See, you can't go off it, you need it." No, it's the withdrawal symptoms I'm experiencing, not a recurrence of depression. Considering how horrific it is, I worry sometimes- what if I were unable to get it? That's a devastating feeling, and akin to what a drug addict must feel. It's not easily interchangeable with another drug to help wean you off, although I've heard that Prozac can act as a "bridge" - too much at stake if it fails, though. In the past I've been on other antidepressants; this is the ONLY ONE where I had trouble stopping it. I don't think the docs have any idea how it should be done, since the usual tapering over a few weeks is outrageously ineffective. I too postpone trying again because the potential failure is just too devastating. And what if there are detrimental effects on my brain/body all this time? (~ 17 years!). I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do.

Unknown said...

I hope anyone taking anti-depressant or feeling depressed get to overcome the challenges and get better.

Love

Cheryl said...

I was on antidepressants (Effexor) for 30 years, and tried to get off it several times with disastrous effects. Then in 2012 I had a huge depressive episode and was hospitalized for 2 months. They switched me over the Cymbalta at that time. When I got home I made a commitment to eat better, quit alcohol, and eventually quit all pharmaceutical drugs, which I have done. (Note: Cymbalta was a heck of a lot easier to get off of than Effexor.)

While I was cleaning up my diet, I detoxed all kinds of parasites, so I totally get what Paulster is saying about the chronic infectious disease component. I also added a bunch of supplements--magnesium, iodine, selenium, fish oil, etc. Whatever I was doing worked, because I have been depression-free and drug free for the past 7 years. I never thought I could live like this, but it's indeed possible!

Prayers to those of you on this journey. It can be a tough one, for sure.

Weeze said...

Hi Cheryl, When you were switched to Cymbalta, were you weaned off Effexor, and did Cymbalta ease the withdrawal without the side effects? Sorry to hear you had such a rough time of it; I know I was close to being hospitalized, but I think that would've freaked me out even more. Thanks for your input, and glad to hear you've made it through to the other side!! <3

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lynn for highlighting this topic. I have to admit I had no idea of the sufferring the poor people have to go through and how it affects them. I now think of my mate who I may have been judgemental with and now I realise how wrong I was to even judge.
Please keep up with your prayers and the divine white light on you always 🙏

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@enlightened one: Yes, looks like a good reading topic!

@Paulster: Very interesting! Thank you for sharing!

@Raymond: I cannot think of any... I think that some drugs that are ok in moderation are made illegal for that reason..

@Seeker and Weeze and Cheryl: Thank you for also sharing your stories. I went through hell myself going on prozac many years ago (I write about it in my book). It really can feel like a living nightmare.

@335AT: I will have to think on that...


Diane Hamilton said...

Thank you with all my heart for answering this question. I just happened to find it today December 13th!
Love and light!

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Diane: You are most welcome. Hugs-