Thursday, January 31, 2019

doTERRA: How to Chose an Oil / Why doTERRA


I realize the following may sound a little "soap boxy," but I get asked this question all the time.  I thought I would put my feelings (and facts) out there, and allow those interested to use their own good judgement to make their decisions.  I also realize different things resonate with different people, and we all have our own needs.  :-)  

There are several oils on the market.  Like anything, some are better than others.  doTERRA happens to be the one I trust for a variety of reasons.  I've used doTERRA for several years, and have seen the differences it has made first hand.


doTERRA uses farms from all over the world to obtain the maximum potency.  The plants used to produce the oil are the most pure and potent when they are extracted from their natural environment.  For example, doTERRA sources Lemon essential oil from citrus orchards in Sicily, Italy, where people have grown lemon and bergamot for generations.

doTERRA oils go through an intense testing to ensure purity, potency and consistency.  This rigorous (and documented) testing and research enables them to feel confident is labeling their product Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.  I realize that many products use labels as marketing tactics, but regardless of what acronym they use, the documented research resonates with me.

doTERRA prides themselves on purity.  I  have experienced the difference myself.  One of my favorite things is doTERRA lemon oil in water.  I drink a few glasses a day.  I had run out, and rather than bother my doTERRA rep, I thought I would (naively) order online from a selling website (not doTERRA) and have it sent right to my house.  It arrived, and I eagerly opened it to enjoy a fresh glass of lemon water, and immediately I knew the product had been altered.  It was a diluted version of what I knew lemon water to be.

I first reported this to the selling site, and then called my doTERRA rep, confessing what I did, and she took information from the bottle and about the seller.  Apparently people will sometimes buy an oil, in my case it was doTERRA, dilute it with water or fractionated coconut oil, package it to look like the original with perfect labeling and sealed top, and sell it.  doTERRA takes this seriously, and will immediately go after the seller.  The company stands behind their product and their people, and these things are taken seriously.


Like I mentioned, I realize doTERRa isn't the only oil out there.  Should you chose to look at oils to aid in health and wellness, do your research and use your intuitive filter.  The above are why I chose to go with doTERRA.

Love and light, Lynn

If you would like more information, please visit me at www.mydoterra.com/easyoils

No comments: