Sunday, April 2, 2023

Werewolf Trials - What?

Q.  We have all heard of Witch Trials, but what about Werewolf Trials?  Apparently on our current timeline they existed.  (Mandela Effect... Time slip??)

"Werewolf trials took place in parts of Europe throughout the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries, driven by superstition, religious and political clashes and the desire to find scapegoats for harsh conditions. Many of the accused were beggars, hermits or recent émigrés to the areas. Many confessed to being werewolves and committing heinous crimes, but only after being tortured. Historians suspect some suffered from delusions or weren’t intelligent enough to know what they were admitting to. A few may have been actual pedophiles or serial killers, but the historical records are fragmented and exaggerated. Centuries later, it's difficult to untangle folklore from real evidence or what people believed to be real at the time." -https://www.history.com/news/werewolf-trials-europe-witches

A.  I get people in more recent times have taken stories, folklore and an occasional sighting of "something" resembling a werewolf and rewritten this part of history.  At the current rate of embellishing and implanting memories, I get before long we will have documented leprechaun hangings and regulations on capturing rain water on your own property - Actually the second is already true (see the link at the bottom to see if your state has a guideline)!*

On a more serious note, I do get things are becoming a game to test our memory and have us going down rabbit holes trying to prove a memory we don't have. 

Look at this world for what it is.  We are becoming more and more of a virtual matrix.  Trust what you experience, and view the rest as entertainment.  Make it a game to look for the glitches. 

And that is all I have for this reading.  Thank you.  Love and light, Lynn

Click the tab above for more on Personal ReadingsDistance Reiki or Life Coaching Sessions

Looking for a way to tip the blog to support future free content? https://www.buymeacoffee.com/PsychicFocus

 Stay connected!!  Please join me on the Telegram Channel or Telegram Chat

Check out my book on Amazon: https://amzn.to/341G48y

                       Prepping supplies/food at the Brighteon Store: https://bit.ly/3MOYGwa 

8 comments:

Robert Schoen said...

I'm a bit reluctant to bring this up in this fantasy obsessed time of books like Abraham Lincoln vampire killer, but in the early '80s when I was living in Italy around Carrara I got to know a prominent woman of that city, someone who was a very reliable, who told me in all seriousness that she knows someone who grew hair on their face during full moon. She said he was religious and was Otherwise normal. It seems that vampires could be based on the dark cults that feed on the blood of children, but the last thing we need is more fake history or exaggeration. It is however always interesting to look for the truth behind legends.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Robert: I totally agree. I do think that the blood drinking has evolved from dark rituals. Thanks for sharing your experience!

The enlightened one said...

The only werewolf trial case I've ever heard of before is the famous Peter Stump. And even in that case, his confessions must be doubted given the torture he endured.

But not too long ago, I read somewhere in an antique history book, that in ancient times it existed in Northeastern Europe a tribe, whose members all transformed themselves into werewolves through various rituals once every year. And then back to human form again. This case of lycanthropy was apparently ritualistic rather than "habitual" or "recreational" as in the modern myth.

@Robert Schoen
That's a fascinating story! I wonder if that woman on whom hair grew could have been delusional, though.

Guedes de Miranda said...

Hi! Let me pose this question which hardly could be labelled 'off-topic": In the german mountain range of Harz in the nothern part of the country reports abound of a Wulfman seen making fire in the woods. Could you possibly look into it and find out if s.o. is making a joke or if its even real? (despite sitting in the middle of the country a huge fence crossed this mountain range (less than 5,000 ft high, btw) during the post war separating western from eastern Germany. This isolatedness might eventually have proportioned a convenient hiding place to a rare species.... (https://www.hna.de/welt/feuerwehr-sachsen-anhalt-blankenburg-augenzeuge-wolfsmensch-wald-polizei-sichtungen-92180675.html )) Thanks in advance!

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@enlightened one: That is interesting...

@Guedes de Miranda: I will save this and look at it.. Great idea to look at!

Unknown said...

Oh I was surprised to see this today. You know me, I’ve talked a lot about the dogman, werewolf, etc. ever since I saw one. This is RL. For some reason, google won’t let me sign into my usual acct to comment, so I am using another one. And I can say this is the first I’ve heard of werewolf trials! I was told that the dogman I saw was brought here when the English were here, probably around the same time Joesph Smith messed around with magic etc (or what he thought was magic)... but other than that... hmm. I do know of a saint who was once a dogman, or so they say. But he didn’t go through a trial. He was “saved” or so to speak.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@RL: That is interesting...

Guedes de Miranda said...

Thanks! I´m over 80 years of age now, so plz don´t wait too much.... ;)