Thursday, August 20, 2020

Significance of Direction We Comb Hair

Q: Hi Lynn -- Just listened to your reading on "hair swirls" and everything you said resonated with me. The image you used also made me think of my visceral negative reaction to anyone (especially males) combing their hair from crown to forehead. Especially the "bowl cut." 

I associate it with psychopathy. But I wonder is this just my personal bias? I suspect too many past lives killed by Roman soldiers, if you get my drift. But I notice that almost all of the "mass-shooter" types all have this haircut, and movies and TV also tend to signal "this is the bad guy" with that cut.

Do you get anything on this? What is the significance of combing back to front as the more common away from the face for most of hair, even if some kind of bangs are worn?

A.  Interesting question!  The first thing I get is it is important to note that not all people with bowl cuts are "mass shooter" types, but there is some psychology behind "mass shooter" types having this hairstyle.  (Basically, don't generalize or lump people in this group.)

Our subconscious can drive us to certain behaviors.  These behavioral reactions can be based on trauma, memories, experiences (both good and bad) and also past life encounters.  I get that hair style and preference can be tied to these behaviors as well.

I see that when the hair is brushed forward, it is a way to "cover," hide or even block the crown chakra and third eye.  I get that these "mass shooter" types don't realize they are doing it, but it is a subconscious way to hide, and not connect to anything higher to them, or even to other beings.  The psychopath and sociopath sees the world through their own experience (very self centered), with little regard for others, or life in general.  Being connected challenges that belief, and is actually uncomfortable.  

And that is all I have on this.  I realize it was fairly short and to the point, but am curious of your intuitive reaction (does this resonate?).  Love and light, Lynn 

Please check out my new book. Now Available: Psychic Focus Journey

To view free public posts, videos and discussion, please view any of the following platforms:

7 comments:

Robert Schoen said...

very cool observation! I immediately associated the bowl cut with friars and monks of old who would also shave the rear of their heads, maybe to amplify the crown chakra connection to God. maybe the bowl cut could also be an indicator of fanatic beliefs, & i like the idea of the bowl cut masking the third eye so one's consciousness doesn't get in the the way of committing bad activity. It worked for Moe Howard of the Three Stooges, Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk..

RL said...

This makes a lot of sense to me. I mean.. when I had bangs they were ok at first but as time went on they became very frustrating and I found myself pushing them to the sides. I told myself at one point that I wouldn’t do them anymore. I have extremely long hair now and I tend to wind it up in a bun to keep it out of the way. As I became more sensitive over time to the supernatural and listened to my intuition my scalp will hurt if I have my hair a certain way. Sometimes it hurts if I put it up or sometimes it will hurt if it’s let down. Or in a ponytail etc. I’ve always wondered if it was related to whatever I’m going through at the moment (spiritually and energically wise). I never had to deal with this before, and it is random too. I’ve learned to listen to my body and go with whatever feels comfortable that for that day. If anyone has tips on how to deal with sensitive scalp tho let me know ;)

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Robert: Yes, you are on point with the monks. I do see this as a way to connect their crown with Source.

@RL: Interesting observation. I used to have bangs too, and it just didn't work (very annoying). I grew them out, and also have really long hair. I do relate to this. Thanks for sharing!

RealCousinIT said...

Ideas a research paper many years ago regarding a psychologist that did intake for the Army in WWI, he was inducting Native Americans to be trackers. They cut their hair and they couldn’t track, the next group was inducted and they didn’t cut their hair and they could track. I believe hair is an extension of our nerve endings, like when you have a fight or flight instance and your hair stands up on end. I started growing my hair out 11 years ago and it is to my bum crack and I feel and have instances that it makes me more intuitive.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@RealCousinIT: I do get there is some truth to that. Hair is like antennae in many ways.

@Watch said...

Hurrying to the hair dresser this week, after readin´ this! ... ;) Thanks

The enlightened one said...

I associate the bowl cut to strictness, following rules, very left brain-oriented.