Wednesday, March 4, 2020

WWII Junkers JU-390

Q. Hello Lynn! Long time follower of your blog here. Today I was reading up on WWII aviation history, as that is something I am very much into.  I came across something that may make an interesting blog post. During World War II, the Germans built a massive airplane called the Junkers JU-390. It was intended to be a long range reconnaissance aircraft and bomber. In fact, it was part of a program called the "Amerikabomber" project where the Germans were trying to build an airplane capable of reaching and bombing the continental United States. It was rumored, but never proven, that on a test flight, it did come within 12 miles of New York sometime in 1944. Did the aircraft and it's crew ever make it to New York on this rumored flight? I appreciate your insights! I found an article detailing the airplane and the history surrounding it: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.interestingengineering.com/junkers-ju-390-the-german-bomber-that-almost-brought-the-blitz-to-new-york&ved=2ahUKEwjGtfyZv9bnAhWKrFkKHfssDoYQFjAWegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw02GBOrS4FRyDGKqMk56sOJ&ampcf=1

Thank you so much!!
A.  When I focus on this I get that they did have a few prototypes of this plane, and they were all able to take flight.  The real question is, Did these planes or a plane actually make it to New York and reach the US airspace?

It looks like there was a plane that Germany was happy with, and it did take some longer distance test flights.  I see them prepping the plane, but the order looks like it was streamlined to reduce weight, only taking minimal ammunition to "test" both the capability to make it that far, and also to see if it could go undetected.  The thought was to "test" a few flights in this manner, and if they were successful, then they could load the plane with more ammo.  They didn't want to lose a fully loaded plane, so this they felt was the best approach. 

I get that the plane was able to get close to the US airspace, but did not make it within the boundary.  The plane was too large, and fuel became an issue.  They did not want to risk losing a plane, and hoped to make further modifications.  Due to issues on German soil, it looks like supply chains ended up being choked out, and they ended up abandoning the project.

And that was all I could really see on this, but I am happy to address questions in the comment section.  Love and light, Lynn 

To view free public posts, videos and discussion, please view
any of the following platforms:

Brighteon
BitChute
YouTube
YouTube BACKUP Channel
GAB

3 comments:

HoosierGuy said...

Hi Lynn. A Ju 390 was rumored to have transported Hitler from Germany to South America, probably to Argentina. There was a second rumor that SS General Hans Kammler used it to take the top secret Die Glocke (the bell) and experimental files and equipment with him when he went into hiding at war's end. (He was reported to have been killed at war's end, but there were several different stories about how he died, so they were probably just stories planted to keep the authorities from tracking him down as a war criminal.) What do you intuit about these two rumors?

Donald said...

Hi Lynn! Thank you for looking into my inquiry. While I do not comment much, I love reading your blog posts, especially ones concerning histories mysteries. Love and light! :)

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@HoosierGuy: I feel like you are correct on both accounts. Hitler did escape and go to South America. I did a reading a while back about the hotel he was seen it. I also feel you are right about Kammler. I think these are both more than just rumors.

@Donny: Thank you Donny. I appreciate your kind words.