Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Vegetarian Lifestyle and the Third Eye



Q.  There are certain Indian and Chinese religious groups that choose a vegetarian lifestyle. This is done out of compassion for living animals. But, they also do not eat onions and garlic, including scallions. These are vegetables, so it makes me wonder.

Some of their reasons include these ingredients being aggravating and giving foul breath, both of which are not conducive to meditation practice. The most sensible reason I have heard is that this clouds our third eye.

What do you see regarding onions and garlic? If one strives for spiritual progress through a vegetarian diet, are these okay to be cooked and eaten? Are there alternatives for their nutritional and medicinal value for people who opt out of them?

Thank you very much!


A.  When I tune into garlic, onions and scallions, I get they are great detoxifyers and antivirals.  Incorporating these elements into the foods you eat look to support health, and promote wellness.  I cannot see that they inhibit the third eye, in fact, the help to promote a more clean system which would increase the ability of the third eye to work with better function.

So why do certain Chinese and Indian groups avoid these foods?  I get the real answer has to do with digestion and GI irritation.  I do not see that issue be unique to Chinese or Indian people, as anyone may experience the discomfort, but the foods most generally eaten in their culture foster an intestinal microbiome that makes it more difficult for them to break down these foods, therefore, creating a lot of gas and/or bloating.  They have slowly modified their diet to avoid what causes discomfort.

If your system can tolerate these foods without irritation (ie you have the microbiome to allow ease with digestion), they look to be beneficial.

And that is all I have for this reading.  Thank you.  Love and light, Lynn   

To view free public posts, videos and discussion, please view
any of the following platforms:

Brighteon
BitChute
YouTube
YouTube BACKUP Channel
GAB

3 comments:

Robert Schoen said...

I'm a big fan of garlic in cook foods, but many years ago when I read that garlic inhibits Alpha Brain waves I gave it up for a while to see what difference it would make. I couldn't discern any improved result so resumed garlic that I use to this day. With age I seem to have developed a stronger third eye and sense of discernment. Only eat foods that make your body sing.

Ice said...

Much gratitude, Lynn. I suppose they are seen as spiritually hindering for people whose bodies are not (yet?) used to them, because they will be less able to do spiritual practice.

I've also heard the reasoning that when chopping raw garlic and onion, these hurt our eyes and this means it's "harmful" for us. So confusing! Information dissonance. I'm guessing food combining techniques could make the difference with these becoming either harmful or helpful.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Robert and Ice: Yes, eat foods that resonate with you. I do think that everyone is unique and some foods vibrate at a frequency that works better for some than others. Listen to your body.