Thursday, February 6, 2020

Patreon/SubscribeStar: FaceBook Alternatives

Q. Hi Lynn!  I'm normally not that active on Facebook, I mostly use it to view information and reviews on different companies.  However, the last couple of weeks I joined a Facebook group and made some realizations that I'd like to share and get your perspective.

I think most people (in my opinion) who are active on Facebook can be ordered in two groups:
One: The sociopaths and egomaniacs who love to put themselves on display and gain likes.
Two: The naive and (this is a bit mean) somewhat dumb people who can't think for themselves and buy into everything the system wants them to think.

Out of all the people who've left Facebook since I joined, and who I knew, the most open-minded and free thinking people are the ones who've actually walked away.  It appears to me that Facebook is like a sinking ship demographically speaking.


After being active a while in this group, I started noticing strange patterns. On one occasion, the bell icon lit up and informed me that someone had liked a comment I made, but as I scrolled to the comment, there was no like, and then the notification disappeared from the list of notifications under the bell icon.

I had another group member tell me she couldn't find a post I made no matter how meticulously she scanned through the posts, and despite her inability to find it, the post appeared among the first posts on my page.

In one comment I criticized media in general, and very soon, someone commented on my comment, questioning why I thought media was so bad.


In another post a person posted a picture of a new multi-story building construction project in the local town. Despite about half of the reactions being negative, the comments section was flooded with 99% positive comments. I thought that was suspicious...

I knew Facebook manipulated views and likes and all that stuff, but to be honest, I didn't know it was this prevalent. I'd love to hear your experiences with Facebook and your take on this. Do you also know of any good alternatives to Facebook?

A.  To see my response to the above and video discussion, please visit me on Patreon or SubscribeStar.  

Love and light (and Lots of Gratitude),  Lynn


To view free public posts, videos and discussion, please view
any of the following platforms:

Brighteon
BitChute
YouTube
YouTube BACKUP Channel
GAB

No comments: