Wednesday, January 22, 2020

The Feather Duster and the 2x4

This isn't necessarily a reading, but rather a story that I thought was interesting to share.  Sometimes the synchronicity of events are hard to deny.  I hope you enjoy the story and the lesson that follows.

Last week during a spiritual group meeting we discussed the Universe.  We explored how the Universe gives you signs, and we at times ignore those signs.  Even when we ask for them, and they are presented to us, they can be easy to dismiss or even misunderstood.  


Our guides, protectors, angels and even Source are always around.  We are always being guided and nudged to do what is in our greater good.  It is our free will to act upon those nudges, but regardless they are there.  As we shared experiences, and questioned how things line up, someone spoke a phrase that rang true to all of us.  "Sometimes we are guided with a feather duster, and sometimes we are hit with a 2x4."  I can say I was hit by a 2x4 last week.

What's wrong with this picture?  

It was bedtime, and I was locking up and turning all the lights off.  As I turned off the last light, I spun around, tripped on a rug, and hit the ground.  As I stood up, my foot ached, but tried to walk it off and just go to bed.  I woke up to a VERY sore, swollen and bruised foot.  I went for the essential oils, dowsed myself with Frankincense (when in doubt, Frank it out, right?), and limped about my morning.  Realizing things are not right, and getting worse, I ended up in the ER.  I was hopeful something was just torn, but after an x-ray I learned that I had fractured my right foot (first broken bone, ever!).  


As I left the hospital, wearing a bandage, boot and on crutches, I had some time to ponder over what had happened.  How could something so silly end up so complicated?  Something as goofy as falling on a rug landed me in the ER, and my foot out of commission for at least eight to twelve weeks.  This led me back to a previous conversation and reflecting on the 2x4 theory.


After the first of the year I set some goals to achieve during 2020.  I am attending some Love and Light Expos, expanding on my Reiki/Aromatherapy sessions, seeing clients for Life and Wellness Coaching, and most importantly, FINISHING MY BOOK.   My book is mostly written, and I'm in the editing phase right now.  It has been a very long (years) process, and I have vowed to get it completed this year.  I truly believe this set-back is here to force me to slow down, reflect on my goals, and get my book completed so I can finally see it in print.


I wanted to share this with you because even though life may hit you with a 2x4, there may be something positive, or something in your greater good waiting for you.  Things do happen for a reason, they just aren't always clear and the path to something great may be paved with bumps along the way.  Just remember, the bumps can make the destination that much sweeter.  


Love and light, Lynn 


To view free public posts, videos and discussion, please view
any of the following platforms:

Brighteon
BitChute
YouTube
YouTube BACKUP Channel
GAB

20 comments:

Serene said...

Glad you are feeling better Lynn and on the road to recovery. Excited to read your upcoming book! :) XOXO

@Watch said...

Wish you fast recovery Lynn! <3 Sending healing thoughts!

Amanda Nicolich said...

I hope you are feeling better! I am so excited to read your book. I have to tell you that when I got the Flu last year it was awesome! I had the weekend to myself watching Netflix and resting without any responsibilities. 'Enjoy' this forced rest;)

Denise Christensen said...

Thanks for sharing, Lynn. I'll be buying your book! It's so easy to procrastinate but clearly there are many of us who could benefit from reading your book. And who knows? It could lead to greater opportunities for you and your family...

Kalamota Kook said...

Lynn that sounds so painful! I'm glad you're able to get the 'message' and find renewal from it. Weren't we discussing the Saturn Pluto eclipse thing only the other day? I mentioned in passing my own '2 by 4's this month, and wondered quietly how everyone else was doing. It sounds like this was your dose of reality. Things should start feeling fresh and clear with this New Moon, we can see a brighter path through, with new resolve and purpose.

I hope your foot recovers swiftly, and that your book finally comes together just as you dreamed it could. Exciting!

Patrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick said...

So sorry to hear this.
Swift speedy recovery dear Lynn.
What a way to start the new year... In style.. 😎😇😂
I like the expression 2x4.. haha very funny
Take care, and I'm sure you'll find the silver lining..
Sending you lots of love and healing vibes

Oxoxox

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I appreciate it. xoxo

Robert Schoen said...

just seeing this now and so sorry that you had this bad fall. I'm just getting over my own 2x4 attack, so take it as a sign you now have a well-earned vacation and chance to finish your book! All the best for a speedy recovery!

Hope said...


Sorry to hear about your fall. Ya, I was rather suprised by your many activities and wondering how you manage to cope with all. I'm glad that you are able to see LIGHT from this fall, though it would have been better if it was a smaller truck! 😬

I look forward to buying your book but do take some deserve rest too!

Talking about synchronicity, for the last few weeks, I keep seeing doubles numbers when I look at the clock but today was a record - 11:11, 13:13, 14:14, 15:15 ...that I told myself that I will stop looking at the clock today! Had to check time often today so as not to miss my appointments for today! In general, I wasn't thinking anything in particular each time I see double numbers, so, I have no idea what my spirit guide is nudging me on! 😅

Sending you healing light, Lynn

Hope said...


🤔 Wanted to switch off my laptop and I saw double numbers again on my laptop time! Aarr!!

Blackbird said...

Dear Lynn, wishing you a speedy and relaxing recovery. I hope you are not in any pain are being well cared for.

I can't wait to read your book!

The concept of a spiritual group sounds so intriguing - I wish they had something like that where I live that I could join.

Blackbird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blackbird said...

@Hope:

Whenever I see the same numbers over and over, I Google 'x [being the number] angel number meaning', the meaning of which usually resonates with me. (I do this with animals that seem to cross my path frequently also, but Google, 'x [being the animal type] spirit animal meaning').

For the numbers you have mentioned:

Angel Number 1111 is a message from your angels to be very aware of your persistent thoughts and ideas as these are manifesting quickly into your reality. ... Angel Number 1111 signifies that an energetic gateway has opened up for you, and this will rapidly manifest your thoughts into your reality.

Angel Number 1313 is a message from your angels that the strong connection you have with the angelic realm and the Ascended Masters is assisting you with staying positive, light and optimistic about your life. ... Angel Number 1313 indicates that you are surrounded by loving, positive energies.

Angel Number 1414 is a message from the angels that your thoughts and feelings are being elevated to a more positive state. ... Angel Number 1414 is a reminder to maintain a positive attitude, mind-set and optimistic outlook to attract positive energies and auspicious circumstances into your life.

Angel Number 1515 is an important message to do with changes in your life that will bring about auspicious new opportunities to enhance and enrich your life.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Hope and Blackbird: Thanks so much for the kind words, and thanks for sharing your info on repeating numbers. That is something many of us experience. Hugs,

Hope said...

Thanks @Blackbird for looking up the significance of those numbers.

In fact, I used to check the doubles numbers at the beginning as it was interesting and it didn’t happen often; just now and then. But it started to happen quite often since early last year and since nothing has changed much for me, I just take it as a mere coincidence. Perhaps I was looking at Time too often! So, I didn’t look it up its significance 😁

It’s just within this month that I have seen too many double numbers till I have to tell myself “Stop looking at the clock!” – the first time it was 2 weeks ago!

So, message 1515 is telling me that the MOVING is good for me (hubby just posted to another town 2 weeks ago and comes back every weekend till we find one to move into). But I’m so comfortable here - a good town in a popular residence with close-knitted neighbours. When I told the guardian that I’m moving, one of the questions she asked was “Are you going to sell your house? I have so many enquiries from passerbys”

Anyway, since my last posting, I only see it once ie yesterday! Then suddenly I remember my last posting above. I should pay more attention to the double numbers again! I LOVE 1313 message 👼

Thanks again for sharing 👌

Love To Push Those Buttons said...

Hope you heal fast. It's a pain when nasty things happen to the right side of history. . .even to those not directly affected. May Brigid help you get to where your going a bit more apace.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

Thanks so much Love To Push Those Buttons. I appreciate it. xoxo-

TheOnlyOne said...

I hope you're feeling better

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@TheOnlyOne: Thank you! I'm getting there. xoxo-