Thursday, July 18, 2019

doTERRA: Natural Deodorant (Balance)



Hi everyone!  I've searched high and low for a natural deodorant that I like.  I've used many brands from the store, and also online.  Some are better than others, and with skepticism I tried doTERRA's deodorant line.  I was pleasantly surprised!  It worked great, and it was something I felt good about having my family use as well.  

Here is why I like it compared to others:

  • Doesn't have an overpowering smell
  • Doesn't have aluminum (which is the biggest ingredient I was trying to avoid)
  • Wasn't harsh or irritating
  • May leave you damp (sweat is good and natural), but not stinky (the oils kills the bacteria)
  • I also liked the texture (didn't fall apart, or feel "melty")

Here is a little more information, and also a link if you would like to explore for yourself!  https://www.doterra.com/US/en/p/natural-deodorant-with-doterra-balance
  • Features CPTG® essential oils of Spruce, Ho Leaf, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus
  • Aluminum, paraben, phthalate, and talc free
  • Arrowroot powder aids in absorbing underarm moisture leaving you feeling fresh and dry throughout the day
  • Baking soda helps to neutralize and prevent odors
Ingredient List:
Arrowroot Powder (Manihot esculenta), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia chinensis(Jojoba) Seed Oil, Jojoba Esters, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Picea mariana (Spruce) Branch/Leaf Oil, Cinnamomum camphora linalooliferum (Ho Leaf) Leaf Oil, Boswellia carterii(Frankincense) Oil, Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) Flower/Leaf/Stem Oil, Chamomilla recutita (Blue Chamomille) Oil, Osmanthus fragrans (Osmanthus) Flower Extract, Triethyl Citrate, Tocopherol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warm up coconut oil until liquid.
Add bicarbonate (baking soda) and should you wish, any fragrance you like.
Pour into container and let it cool down.
Cheap, natural & effective.

Psychic Focus, Lynn said...

@Unknown: Thanks for this. I tried doing something similar, and the baking soda was really harsh on my armpits (made them sore). I might suggest using arrowroot instead if you do have a breakout. The essential oils are good because they are antiviral and antibacterial (to eliminate odor). This recipe may work. Thanks!