Monday, March 31, 2014

How can someone Improve Intuition and / or Psychic Ability?

5:26
I get this question a lot, so I thought I would do an entry...
Tapping into intuition or psychic ability is unique to everyone, but I will share some of the things I see / get.

I first want to say that everyone has a certain amount of ability, it just comes easier for some people to tune into it.  The example I was given as I started to learn was everyone can sign, but some are natural opera singers while others really have to work at it.  Some people are also better at certain things than others, for example, I have never resonated with channeling (I am fine with mediumship, but channeling feels too intense and I shut down), but for some people they may be so gifted in that area that they gravitate to it.  You really have to play around (in a responsible manner) with it to see what resonates with you.  The first and most important thing to do is take psychic abilities seriously (this comes through so loudly that I feel I need to underline it., and also listen to your gut- if it doesn't feel right or your sense something is negative, don't do it. Start small, educate yourself along the way and be very responsible.

The best way to enhance your intuitive ability and become one with yourself is to meditate.  The main goal is to quiet your mind and just allow thoughts to flow.  Set an intention of something you may want to know (like relationship issues or job questions), and then blank out your mind and let your higher self do the work. You can meditate  "officially" by positioning yourself and going into that place in your mind, or you can do this is a relaxed fashion (such as laying in bed, or driving a car without the radio while focused on the sound of the road).  I see newer people meditating while lying in bed at night when you don't have the daily distractions running through your mind.  I also get a humming noise, as if white noise of some kind to focus on can allow a focal point for your mind so your don't find yourself mentally wandering.

So, your intention is set and you let it go, then you blank yourself out (ie begin meditating) and focus on an image in your mind- it may be the sky, water or a color, and see what happens.  Sometimes you will get an image and just go with it. Other times you may not get anything other than to relax, but rest assured that your subconscious is working on your intent.  You may not even get an answer just then, but then later you will have that "ah, ha" moment. I hear hear some kind of sigh, as if you may get discouraged and give up, but don't. It will come with practice.

When you start, you may only be able to last a few minutes before you start thinking of other things, but it is like any other exercise and you can build it up with practice.Once you practice, you will notice that you can go in and out of that mental focus / relaxation much quicker.  You will feel so much more connected to your higher self as well.  You may even get to where you can see your chakras or see if one is blocked.. Certain colors will mean something to you.  It does require effort and focus, but is a beautiful thing too.

I have just described what I see and experiences I have had that are pulling forward.  Another thing to do is read on other perspectives.  There were two books that really made a difference to me in my development, and I still revisit them when I need a re-connection.

One is called So You Want to Be a Medium by Rose Vanden Eynden (2006).  It talks about different types of mediumships and allows you to understand it better. Lots of information.

The second is called How Psychic Are You? by Julie Soskin (2002).  This was my favorite.  There are many different techniques and exercises.  You can skip the things that don't settle right with you (for example you may not be into reading cards). It really touches on a lot of different aspects of psychic ability.

And that is all I have for now.  It is 5:47 PM.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for giving us so much of your time and information! When I meditate and really relax I start to see beautiful swirly colors. What is that? Thanks and Gratitude.

Psychic Focus said...

The amazing thing about meditating is that you and I could see the same thing, and get a completely different meaning. It is hard to interpret someones elses meditation. For example, you may see a dog, and feel happy, love, bonding. Someone else may see a dog and feel fear or have a phobia. It really is unique to the person..

Some things to think about though- Try to stare deeper into it and see if something else manifests. See if a color is dominant (colors usually relate to chakras for me, but again everyone is different). Maybe the colors are where you mind goes when your subconscious is opening up. If it is several colors maybe it feels like your chakras are all opening.. Very interesting, and sounds like a great meditation.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your post, Lynn. This is just what I need today. The synchorinity! :D

Anonymous said...

I have a question why did I see an yellow color orb seen short moment in video which I can't record it going through my hall near the air velt

Psychic Focus said...

@ 3:28 PM: It sounds like you have experienced a form of energy. You must have been in the right mental "zone" to where your rational brain wasn't filtering out things that aren't deemed "normal." The fact it was yellow (and not white) makes me think of your chakra which lies around your stomach area- I'm curious if you were having some kind of stomach/nerve issue and this energy was there to help you in a sense...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Psychicfocus since the aura reader said I really did have an imbalance.

Anonymous said...

What do you get on Laura Knight-Jadczyk? Does she really communicate with Cassiopaeans? Are their messages real?

Psychic Focus said...

@ 7:27 AM: I'm never one to discredit someone, because everyone experiences life differently, and everyone has a different perspective and experience with intuition. In my viewing of her I cannot see a genuine connection (again that is just what I see from my vantage point.) It almost looks as she started with some kind of connection that was pure, but something intercepted it along the way and the results became skewed. I would just encourage people to use their own internal gut intuition to determine if truth resonates within them in reading her work.

Siketa said...

Thanks, PF! :)

Faith M. Lee said...

Whenever I meditate, I always see a round violet ball surrounded by yellow circle. What does it mean?

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Faith: I usually relate colors to chakras. I associate emotions in your stomach (yellow chakra), and the violet feels like they are being surrounded and processed. Do you have deep rooted emotions that you are working through? It feels like that is becoming unblocked.

Unknown said...

I really like to meditate and I find your answer helpful thank you.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Lance: You're welcome! L&L-