Saturday, September 27, 2014

Future of Religion

Q. I was wondering what you saw for the future of religions worldwide? From my perspective religion is a tool to monopolise the people, and breeds hate, greed and discrimination- the opposite of their doctrines...
Do you see certain religions dying out? Will they always have such control over the masses and such a major influence in society? What is the future like for places like the UK and Australia where extremist behaviour is becoming more prevalent? Thank you x
A.  I do see religions lasting.  Many people "need" something to believe in.  People (not all, but many) like to put all their faith into something else because it reduces their own accountability (we have been trained to think and behave this way since the beginning of religion).  It is easier to say that "XYZ" is punishing or rewarding me for a certain behavior than to realize that you really do have control of your life.. Religion also wants to keep you in fear, making you feel it is needed and necessary because people that are fearful or dependent are easier to control.

One interesting thing I do see is people are starting to open up and take on a new type of religion or belief system (more and more as people awaken) that is centered on the self.  I don't mean in a selfish way, but rather a way that people heal, align, and embrace life in general.  They seek out answers.  In the process they become more deeply connected with each other (and other living things).  People see life in general- animals and plants too. Through this awakening and change in belief system.  It is as if a veil is lifted and the complexity, yet simplicity of life is seen.  People are more free thinking and are able to "read" and "feel" truth.  I get this type of thinking has been suppressed, discouraged and discounted, but the energy is changing, and people are caring less about the judgement of their belief system and more about themselves and what type of life they want to live.  

In connecting to the greater good in all this, I feel compelled to tell you that it is ok to believe in something (gods, ETs, universal consciousness), but not to the detriment of yourself or your family (financially, physically, emotionally, mentally).  The universal consciousness (or god, etc) doesn't need you to pay a fee (tithing) or harm yourself (giving your life) in order to live, love, learn and enjoy (and be frustrated) by lessons here on earth.  All of that other 'stuff" has been added by man- not by a god, alien, being or energy. Then I heard this phrase come into my mind... "Eating at McDonalds doesn't make you a hamburger any more than sitting in a beautifully adorned church makes you a religious person connected to a god."  You can be spiritual or religious and connect to your own higher being / self wherever you feel the best connection (home, park, yard, etc).

And that is all I have for this reading.  Thank you.  

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am having an unusually difficult time right now. I don't know how to put it into words. My mother is more off the wall, I live with her and it is my intention to care for her but she is mean and blames me for her lapses in judgement. I am so at a loss. I can't please anyone. I am having a hard time being patient with that. Electronics, light bulbs, batteries, my car. I just want to sit and cry. It's all to much

Chatty Cathy said...

@Diane - My grandmother has become very mean to her children and even grandchildren. You can say something nice to her and she will take it the wrong way and say something horrible. She even curses and says vulgar things - even in church. She never used to do that. I know it's hard but please try to stay strong...


@Psychic Focus - Most people are scared to death of the God of the Bible because he promises to bring terrible things to people who disobey his commandments, either in their current life or in their afterlife. He threatens with generational curses as well. He says his Word is forever lasting... are these threats relevant only to the people living in the time of the bible or today as well? Are our misfortunes the real repercussions for disobeying the word of God?

Anonymous said...

@Diane & Cathy - Yes, please stay strong. Some people are just difficult to live with, or behave the worst to the closest. And some kind people may suddenly become mean at a senior age, maybe due to unbalance of chemicals/hormones in the brain? If you believe in spiritual powers, reciting mantras may work. Or try to visualize the difficult person as a naughty kid/gremlin yelling at things, I used this to deal with a very difficult boss, sometimes it worked. You may also find many useful tips in Psychology Today website, just search for 'difficult people'. My best wishes to you all.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Chatty Cathy: I see the threats and fear of god being man's interpretation or man's words, not a gods.. Think about it like this.. god is all forgiving, so why to we live in the fear of judgement? There are so many conflicts... some religions you confess your sins and you are forgiven- so can can steal, cheat, lie and be forgiven if you go and repent.. (kind of contradictory...) All of this fear and worry we inflict on ourselves is created by us (man) to control us and keep us weak and fearful, not by an all loving, unconditional loving, god/ET/energy/being/universal consciousness
.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@everyone... One thing I can say regardless of your beliefs is to stay in good karmatic balance and let that be your focus. If you obey the universal laws of karma, everything will fall into place.

Anonymous said...

I was raised catholic, what an experience that was. I learned as I got older that they were not telling the truth. I do think it is important as a child to have some type of religious education, even if it is only Sunday school.

Now I believe if you treat people like you want to be treated everything seems to work out. No organized religion for me.

Do I believe in something after death? You bet I do, and it is not what the catholics have been preaching all of these years, at least not in my mind.

I am going to very careful when it is my time to cross over, am I heading for the light? Nope, I do not think at first I will.

Chatty Cathy said...

@honsum - Thank you, that was very good advice.

@Psychic Focus - It's true, there are so many contradictions in the Bible. The biggest that most Christians ignore is the sudden change in demeanor and behavior of the God of the Old Testament vs. the God of the New Testament. In the Old, God condones armies attacking a town of "peaceful and secure" people (Judges 18:27) and raping women and murdering helpless babies (Isaiah 13:15)

Yet in the New Testament, it's all about love, love, love. It almost seems the writers of the new testament decided to take a break from scaring people with threats of rape and murder and instead made a new and improved God who was forgiving, understanding and loving. Its quite the switch-up!

Here's a link for anyone interested to read the evil in the bible, verse by verse: http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

Charlie said...

I've thought about religion a lot as I was raised strict Mormon. If you wanted to keep a tight control on the human race, and keep them from ascending to higher frequencies/ 4th density, as well as to generate a never ending source of negative energy, what better way than to create a bunch of religions!
Think about the bloodshed from thousands of years of religious based wars, the controls foisted on the general population!
It creates huge barriers for individuals to go inside and connect to our higher selves, or universal consciousness. We're taught we have to go through the middle man/ church, and do certain things or well be punished by a god who's very punitive.
Yes, there are positive aspects, but I feel the negative has outweighed the positive

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@Everyone: Thanks for the great feedback. There is a lot to think on..

ken said...

I never had a religion and will never have, and since more than 90% of Japanese don't have a religion, it is very strange to have a religion in our country. I think you'll feel very free if you don't have one, less work and burden in your life, have more time for yourself.

Anonymous said...

I was also raised in a strict Catholic family however as I've grown older I've found my own spirituality within myself and do not associate with any religion much to my father's dismay. He feels he is failing as a parent if his children do not attend church, so I do feel guilty. However I cannot support organised religion seeing all the hate and violence it is used for in the world.

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

@ken and sheena: Thanks for the comments. Just be true to yourself. Celebrate who you are :-)

Unknown said...

I was forced to go to church as a child (oh yes...Catholic). I was verbally bible thumped all my life. It took me to my late 30's or so to realize and to try to communicate to my mother (with maybe slight progress), it's not were you go every Sunday, it's what is in your heart on a daily basis and how you treat other's. I find the most, so called, religious people are performing an act for all to see but are often exactly the opposite of what they preach or they think they will score points by going to church every Sunday.

I have a saying that I actually heard someone say on tv that was very similar. I thought I made it up!! Anyway. There is a little bit of everyone, in all of us.

Brighter thoughts for a brighter world!!