Monday, March 31, 2014

Please do a reading on severe muscle cramps in head muscles continuing for a longer period say 5-10 years.How to relaxed those stiffed,twitched muscles back to its original state?

5:09 PM

I first want to say that I am not a doctor and have not practiced medicine, but this is what I see..

I see this as a combination of a stretching, posture, pressure point process to relieve the pain and relax the muscles.  What I see someone doing is sitting straight up, making yourself as tall as possible (push your shoulders down to really elongate your neck).  While sitting upright, lean your head down as far as you can like you are trying to touch your chest.  You should feel a good stretch in your neck and shoulders.  Then take your middle finger (if you can't reach comfortably get a partner) and press firmly at the soft spot at the bottom of you skull (please use your gut instinct, and if it hurts too bad stop).  Hold this pressure point for a while- it looks to vary with the person, but a minute or two should work, and you should feel those muscles relax.  Do it a few times (or as much as you can tolerate) and see if that gives some relief.  

I also get that certain smells can sometimes trigger this tension, and others offer some relief.  I get that peppermint (candy canes) either being smelled or sucked on (like a mint) can really give relief as well.

Thank you.  It is 5:41 PM.

3 comments:

a2k said...

Hello,I had posted this question.Thanks a lot to focus on this!Could you please pin-point the exact location in head to put middle finger as you said "soft-spot at the bottom of skull" while on internet I found soft-spot to be at the top most part of skull.I am confused at locating the soft-spot.Please help! Thanks!

Lynn White, Focus Sessions said...

I pulled up a diagram of the spine, and it looks like it is in the area of the highest cervical vertebrae. It looks like it is right where the skull meets the top of you neck. Let me know if you still have trouble.

a2k said...
This comment has been removed by the author.